- 2015 Federal Election
Terrace RCMP impound car, motorcycle
THE Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 100 calls for service from Friday, June 15 8AM to Monday, June 18, 8 AM. 13 of these calls were for false alarms/911.
During the same period, 14 people were lodged in Terrace cells. 12 were for public intoxication.
- two women were arrested for assaulting a third female outside Pizza Hut early Friday morning.
- vehicle vandalized while parked on Lakelse Ave. Drivers-side mirror pulled off. Other vehicles possibly damaged also.
- Front door glass of the Tillicum Twin Theatres was broken on Saturday night. Four youth seen running from the area. Patrols were made.
Elsewhere in Terrace
- a “Giant” mountainbike, light blue in color, was stolen from a residence on Soucie Ave.
- Police were called to assist the Fire Dept at Hanson St and Olson Ave for a possible brush fire. It was reported that children had been seen lighting things on fire. The children were not located and there was no damage.
- early Saturday morning a Eby St resident caught a male stealing a laptop computer from his vehicle. The suspect dropped the laptop and ran through Kathy Hall Field. Suspect not located.
- a suspicious male reported on Pheasant St possibly casing houses. Caucasian wearing a grey hoodie, green backpack and riding a bicycle.
- a suspicious male on Mountain Vista Dr trying to sell Honeywell products at 10:00 PM. Male was Caucasian wearing a black jacket. Checks were done of area.
- two females arrested for mischief on Little Ave.
- a 13 yr old girl reported missing on Sunday night after failing to come home on time. Under investigation.
- report of a suicidal male. Police ensured his safety.
- a wallet was stolen from a unlocked vehicle on Walker St. Wallet and contents located nearby.
- a green mountain bike with attached, orange and black, ‘Chariot’ stroller stolen from an address on Queensway Dr.
- B&E from Kickstart motors, a yellow,1991 Suzuki RM250 2-stroke motocross bike was stolen overnight on Friday.
- a motor vehicle accident occurred on Hwy 16 at the entrance to Kleanza Creek P.P. There were no injuries.
- a motor vehicle traveling 169 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone was stopped and the vehicle impounded for 7 days for the excessive speed.
- a motorcycle traveling 150 km/hr in a 90 km/hr zone was stopped and the motorcycle impounded for 7 days for excessive speed.
- two men who activated their emergency beacon on the Skeena River were located 5 hours later with the assistance of Terrace Search and Rescue and the Kitsumkalum Band. Both men were unharmed.