Police lecture young boy on car seat use
- theft from Safeway. Checks were done of area including a dump truck that he may have hidden in to avoid apprehension. Video surveillance has been reviewed. Under investigation.
- five people drinking alcohol in behind the Coast Inn of the West. Police arrested two men, ages 19 and 35 yr of age, for public intoxication.
- aggressive pan handler on Lakelse Ave. Police warned a 35 yr old man to stop his behavior.
- a man reported that he was assaulted and robbed of his money by 4 people in front of Staples on Greig Ave. He described them as all First Nation’s, one woman and three men. They took his cell phone and wallet, but returned the wallet after taking the money out. Police observed that the man was intoxicated, did not display any signs of an assault, and could not provide any more description of the four people. Checks were done of area.
- police observed an intoxicated man on Lazelle Ave. The 55 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication.
- man and woman fighting on Kalum St. Police spoke with both people. The argument was verbal only and they were heading home.
- a man refusing to leave a residence, screaming and yelling. Police arrested an intoxicated 41 yr old man for mischief.
- a grey 2010 Honda CRV was broken into while parked on Kalum St during the night. A Canon digital camera, Bushnel binoculars, and compasses were stolen.
- trees being cut down near the Seventh Day Adventist Church. Question of property lines. Civil matter.
- a wallet was turned in and returned to its owner.
- false 911 call.
- Suspicious man in a blue coat and black hat looking at houses and writing things in a book on Tuck Ave. Checks were done of area.
- Suspicious man described as East Indian in a blue jacket and blue jeans. He tried to sell a security system to a residence on Sparks St. Checks were done of area. Police have received other calls of this nature as well.
- a 48 yr old man causing a disturbance at the Men’s Shelter on Hall St. He requested to go to the hospital. Police provided him a ride.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart caught two women shoplifting. Police arrested a 19 yr old woman and a 34 yr old woman. Charges of theft on both women are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- arson attempt of a back shed of a property on Little Ave on the afternoon of June 9. No damage.
- intoxicated woman sitting in ditch on Straume Ave. Police arrested the 49 yr old woman for public intoxication.
- noisy party on Hamer St. Checks were done and it was quiet.
- a man acting crazy, waving arms in the air, and chasing after a woman at Soucie Ave and Kalum St. Checks were done of the area. Police were able to determine identity of the man. The 29 yr old man was located and appeared to be under the influence of a drug. He was arrested for mischief.
- false 911 call
- man sleeping at Tim Horton’s on Keith Ave at the side door. Police spoke with the sober 60 yr old man. He was en route to Prince George. He had made it to Tim Horton’s all the way from the Men’s Shelter two blocks away. Police provided him with a ride back to the Men’s Shelter.
- two youths yelling at a person and banging a fence near Veritas School. Police arrested two intoxicated 18 and 17 yr old boys. The 18 yr old was not cooperative with police. The 17 yr old was turned over to his parents a short time after.
- suicidal 16 yr old girl. Police ensured she was safe.
- two boys described as First Nations and approximately 16 yrs old checking vehicles to see if they are locked on Cole Ave. Checks were done of area.
- parent wanted police to speak with her 3.5 yr old son about importance of using car seat as he is refusing to sit in it. Police gave advice on the matter and talked with the boy.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requests police assistance with a Director’s Warrant
- theft from two vehicles, a 2005 Honda Odyssey and a 2005 Honda Civic, parked on Labelle Ave. A wallet, Ipod, Oakley sunglasses, and video games were stolen.
- two bikes were found in the dump in pretty good shape. Person was checking if they were stolen. They were not on the system as stolen.
- tires were stolen from a vehicle parked at Busy’s Auto Repair on Clark St.
- a 67 yr old man deceased on Oscar Rd.
- erratic driver complaint that occurred on June 9. Under investigation.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.