Possible tractor purchase fraud investigated
- a red 199 Dodge pickup truck was stopped at Emerson St / Lazelle Ave. A man in his early 20's riding a bike ran into the side of the truck. No damage to truck and no injuries. The man on the bike took off. - a red 2007 Pontiac Montana driven by a 54 yr old driver hit a parked grey 2001 Honda CRV in the Tim Horton’s parking lot on Lakelse Ave. Minor damage.
- an intoxicated man running around in hallways and causing a disturbance at a building on Park Ave. Checks were done of building and area. A second call was received that the man was now causing problems in front of the Toronto Dominion Bank. Police arrested a 41 yr old man for public intoxication.
- a woman sitting on a man and it appeared that she was hitting him in the face on Atwood St. Police located a group of intoxicated people. A man and woman stated that they were play wrestling. A 51 yr old man, a 45 yr old man, and a 38 yr old woman were all arrested for public intoxication.
- two men were kicked out of Safeway for being intoxicated. One of the men uttered threats. Police located the 35 yr old man and arrested him for uttering threats. Police also arrested 3 more men, 44 yrs old, 34 yrs old, and a 19 yr old, for public intoxication.
- police observed an intoxicated woman on Greig Ave during patrols. Police arrested the 33 yr old woman for public intoxication.
- a man thru a beer can at the window of Urban Colors. Police located the 19 yr old man and arrested him for mischief and public intoxication. There was no damage to the window.
- an intoxicated man yelling in the middle of the street on Kalum St. Police arrested a 25 yr old man for public intoxication
- harassment complaint under investigation.
- a woman purchased a car seat on Facebook, then after the fact noticed that it had an expired date. She attempted to get her money back and was unsuccessful. Not a police matter.
- an older man wearing black clothing approached a 9 yr old girl on Scotts Ave and asked her for smokes. Checks were done of area.
- verbal domestic dispute. All people involved were spoken with.
- neighborhood dispute. Ongoing issue. Everyone involved was spoke with. - a white 2009 Subaru Outback driving at excessive speeds on Old Lakelse Lake Rd. Police spoke with the driver.
- Suspected fraud of thousands of dollars. A man purchased a tractor on BC Buy and Sell. Contact was made with the seller via email. The seller was in Texas. The money was wired to a bank in the United Kingdom. The tractor is claimed to be in the Yukon. Under investigation.
- police assistance requested from Mills Memorial Hospital with a Director’s Warrant.
- a brown zippered bag containing various ID and cards was lost. - landlord and tenant issue. Advice was given to people involved. Not a police matter.
- erratic driver in a black Ford SUV near Kleanza Cr. Checks were done of area.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.