Woman claims wolves chased her
HERE ARE some of the events that kept Terrace RCMP busy during the last 24 hours:
- intoxicated woman rolling around in the gravel on Greig Ave. Police arrested a 44-year-old woman for public intoxication.
- intoxicated man staggering through the Safeway parking lot. Police arrested a 36-year-old man for public intoxication.
- erratic driver in a red 2007 Honda Civic on Keith Ave. / Kalum St. Checks were done of area.
- a woman reported that her daughter’s boyfriend was not wanted in her house and refused to leave. A second call was that the daughter was suicidal. Police attended and told the 21-year-old man to leave. The 14-year-old girl was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance.
- possible domestic dispute in a white 2001 Chevrolet Blazer on Hwy 16 near Kalum Lake Dr. Under investigation.
- bullying issue at Cassie Hall School. Police spoke with people involved. Other agencies are also involved with this ongoing issue.
- unwanted ammunition to be turned into the police for destruction.
- grey newer model vehicles drag racing on McConnell Ave. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated person walking down Keith Ave. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated person passed out on a picnic table on Park Ave. Police arrested the 39-year-old man who was so intoxicated that he soiled himself.
- a woman was flagging down vehicles on Hwy 16 West and claimed that she was chased by wolves. The woman was unidentified. Police did checks of the area. A second call came in that she was at the Copperside and still talking about wolves that were out to get her and that she appeared under the influence of a drug. She was gone prior to police attendance. More checks were done of the area.
- a woman wearing jeans and a green jacket sitting on the corner of Clinton St. / Park Ave. possibly selling drugs. Checks were done of area.
- male in a white hoodie looking in vehicles parked in the Mills Memorial Hospital parking lot. Checks were done of area.
- four intoxicated people on the tracks near Atwood St. Checks were done of area.
- a 21-year-old man supplying alcohol to minors. Under investigation.
- blue go-cart with pedals was stolen from a yard on Hemlock St.
- a group of eight people stole a bicycle from a 15-year-old boy outside the Thornhill Daily Needs.
- man waving down cars near the Usk bridge on Hwy 16. Police located the intoxicated 23-year-old man sleeping on the side of the highway with a knife in his hand. He was on conditions not to consume alcohol. He was arrested for breach. He was not cooperative in cells and additional police had to assist in controlling him.
- a home on Ecstall Ave. was break and entered and vandalized. Under investigation.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.