- BC Games
Intoxicated people take up police resources
AND HERE are the incidents requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers for the past 24 hours.
- red Ford F-150 with two males inside doing burn outs on Lazelle Ave. Under investigation.
- police observed an intoxicated man bothering people for money on Lazelle Ave / Sparks St. Police arrested the 48 yr old man for mischief.
- report of a man and woman observed together when they are on conditions to not be. Checks were done of area.
- during patrol police observed a man passed out in a parking lot on Greig Ave. Police arrested the 45 yr old man for public intoxication.
- uttering threats complaint. Police spoke with a woman about her behavior.
- youth on the roof of a business on Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated man in George Little Park. Police arrested the 31 yr old man for public intoxication.
- police observed an intoxicated woman on Greig Ave and Apsley St. The 44 yr old woman was arrested for public intoxication.
- report of an assault. Investigation determined that the complaint was false. Adult mental health are assisting police in the matter.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with a patient. Police attendance was cancelled prior to arrival.
- sexual assault investigation
- a grey Photosmart camera and a black Telus Blackberry were found and turned in to the police
- false panic alarm at a business on Legion Ave
- report of an intoxicated suicidal woman that was just assaulted by her boyfriend laying on the railroad tracks. The complaint was false. The woman was located staggering down Greig Ave and Apsley St, and requested a warm place to sleep for the night. Due to her level of intoxication, police arrested her for public intoxication.
- two males and 1 female trying to get onto a roof of a business on Park Ave. Checks were done of area.
- an intoxicated woman smashed a front window of a residence on Sparks St when she was denied entrance.
- noise complaint on Scott Ave. Checks were done of area. Unsubstantiated.
- unconscious boy on the front steps of a person’s home on Hanson St. The 17 yr old boy was intoxicated. He was also on probation with conditions to abide by a curfew and abstain from consuming alcohol. He was arrested for breach. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- assault on 13 yr old boy by another youth. Under investigation.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.