- BC Games
Drunk people tie up police time
HERE ARE the incidents requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers for the past 24 hours.
- theft of money, civil family matter
- a man and woman bothering people at the Skeena Liquor Store. They left on their own accord.
- passed out woman in Tim Hortons on Lakelse Ave.
- false business alarm on Lazelle Ave
- police assisted Bear Country Inn with evicting intoxicated persons
- 13 yr old girl who was reported missing was found
- Air Canada Jazz reported that a man had called them over thirty times to complain about their service level. The man was spoken with and directed to call Air Canada Service Department directly.
- internet fraud. A man was sent an overpayment of an item he was selling, and then directed to pay the difference back.
- an intoxicated man was causing problems at the Ksan Emergency Shelter on Hall St. He left on his own accord. He returned at a later time and caused more problems. He again left. Police conducted checks of the area.
- police assisted a mother and daughter with a familial dispute
- break and enter to a residence on Davis Ave. An intoxicated woman was arrested in the residence. She was on conditions to not consume alcohol. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- man passed out in the washroom of Denny’s. He was arrested for public intoxication. He refused to cooperate and additional members were required to take control of his person. He was on conditions to not consume alcohol. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- white truck parked on side of road impeding traffic on Queensway Dr.
- two parked vehicles impeding traffic on Hemlock St
- uttering threats complaint. Under investigation.
- false 911
- abandoned red pickup truck in the Puralator parking lot
- avalanche on Hwy 16 W near New Remo. The road was closed to one route. An avalanche technician attended.
- single motor vehicle accident on Hwy 16 approximately 55 km East of Terrace. A 2006 F-150 lost control on icy roads and rolled twice. A man and woman and their two children were attended to by BC Ambulance. No injuries.
- abandoned snowmobile. Conservation is assisting with the investigation.
- false 911 call on Merkley Rd
- domestic dispute. No assault occurred. Parties were separated.
- two youths failed to pay for cab fare to an address on Mountainview Ave. A deal was worked out between the resident of the house and the cab prior to police arrival.
- false 911 call on Thornhill St
- sudden death. Under investigation.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.