Man arrested for sexual assault
HERE are the incidents requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers between 8 am, Nov. 4 to 7 am, Nov. 7.
- attempt break and enter to Gemma’s during the night of Nov. 3/4
- 5 men arrested for public intoxication on separate incidents
- female was seeking police assistance at Mcdonald’s. Upon arrival, it was discovered that she was looking for a free ride to Kitsumkalum Reserve. She needed to find other arrangements.
- group of youth lighting fires under vehicles on Lazelle. Checks were done of area.
- false alarm at a business on Lakelse
- a 15 yr old female was arrested for public intoxication
- curfew check at an residence on Greig Ave. An 18 yr old man was arrested for breaching his condition of no contact, breaching his curfew condition x 2, and breaching probation by possessing a weapon. A 13 yr old girl was arrested for breach of curfew x 2, breach of no contact x 3. They are held for court on Nov. 7.
- 3 intoxicated men refused to leave Bear Country Inn after having been evicted. Police attended and arrested one of the men for breaching a condition of not to consume alcohol. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- police are investigating a matter of an older sister counselling offences to her two younger brothers. The Ministry of Children and Families are assisting.
- a man was arrested at Save On Foods for shoplifting and public intoxication. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- well being check of a man in a wheel chair by the Scotiabank. An ambulance was requested for the man. The man refused to be seen by BC Ambulance and wheeled himself away.
- mischief to a parked car. The offender is known. Under investigation.
- false 911 call
- well-being check of a suicidal woman
- mischief to TD Dominion Bank. A window was broken.
- mischief to Astral Media. A window was broken.
- domestic dispute on Lakelse Ave. Under investigation
- a woman in a poor state of mind was given a ride to the women’s shelter
- a suspicious man was told to move on from Safeway
- a man pan handling near Tim Hortons on Keith was told to go move on
- an older black jeep with no plates on Kalum St and Soucie Ave. Checks were done of area.
- an amount of marijuana and a pipe were turned in to police from Skeena Secondary School. They were located in the purse of a student.
- domestic dispute on Scott Ave. Under investigation
- police attended a fire at the baseball diamond on Hwy 16. The spray of an aerosol can had been lit on fire.
- verbal domestic dispute on Mcconnell ave
- false residential alarm on Hatton St
- loss prevention officer caught two women shoplifting at Walmart. Police arrested the two. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. They are banned from Walmart.
- 2 false 911 calls
- domestic dispute on Park Ave. Checks were done of area.
- four youth were on the roof of a church on Sparks St.
- assist aquatic center with controlling the teen swim
- a vehicle was observed driving in an erratic manner at the 4 way stop sign on Lazelle and Sparks.
The driver was issued a 7 day Immediate Roadside Suspension for stunting and a violation ticket. His vehicle was towed.
- older blue ranger driving down middle of road near the casino. Police located the vehicle and the driver blew a warn. The driver was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle was towed.
- a stop sign was broken in the George Little Park. A 14 yr old was found to be responsible for the mischief. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- mischief/erratic driver at an address on Pohle Ave. The victims/complainants were not cooperative with police.
- police investigated an alleged assault on Park Ave. Unfounded.
- unruly youth on Munroe St attempting to start a fire in the middle of the street
- assault on the 4900 block of Hwy 16. Under investigation.
- two suspicious males dressed in black on Halliwell. Checks were done of area.
- report of missing 11 yr old boy. This is the 12th time he has been reported missing since Oct. 1.
- assault on Loen Ave. A man was arrested for assault and charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel
- possible impaired. Blue Suburban near the Casino
- 2 men were arrested for public intoxication on separate incidents
- a man present at a stabbing on Pear St was arrested for breach of condition of no consume alcohol. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- police assisted in a business dispute at Terrace Traction
- domestic dispute on Haugland Ave. The man had left with the women’s cell phone and she wanted it back.
- a blue Schwinn 210-FS bike was found in the bushes near Goulet Ave
- business false alarm on Hampton St
- 6 yr old dialed false 911
- on Nov. 5 between 3 AM and 7 AM some boards were removed from a fence on Walsh Ave. The
culprits may have been attempting to steal items from the residence.
- loud party in the North Kalum Trailer Park was shut down
- fight on Kalum St
- suicidal man, domestic dispute on Davis Ave.
- vehicle check on Thomas St. The driver was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and her vehicle was impounded.
- domestic dispute investigation
- an intoxicated man kissed and fondled a passed out women on Munroe St. He was arrested for sexual assault. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- an intoxicated, scared man was given a ride home
- suicidal man on Park Ave.
- 2 German Shepard dogs at a residence on Kenney St. The owner was located and the dogs
- Nike Sports bag was found on Little Ave and Apsley St
- man reported being threatened and chased by two men with a 2 x 4. Unsubstantiated.
- attempt break and enter on Walsh Ave
- possible impaired driver in Canadian Tire parking lot. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated women. Checks were done of area.
- a woman at the Terrace Public Library was acting in an irrational manner. She was escorted to the hospital to be seen by a doctor
- 15 yr old boy was reported missing. He was later located.
- suspicious person in bushes of Veritas School. Checks were done of area
- A mother reported her son is punching walls, out of control. Police attended. The 21 yr old man had calmed down.
- hit and run at the Northern Motor Inn during the night of Nov. 3/4
- a GMC Sonoma with expired insurance was seen on Old Lakelse Lake Rd near Hemlock. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated man unlawfully in a dwelling on Mountain View Ave. He was located and arrested for public intoxication.
- vehicle check on Hwy 16 near Ferry Island. The driver blew a warn and was issued a 3 day Immediate Roadside Suspension and his vehicle was impounded.
- false 911
- on Nov 5 a green 1999 Mazda pickup high centered on a cement barrier on the eastside of the parking lot of the Northern Motor Inn. The driver was still behind the wheel, asleep. The driver had been drinking the night before at the Inn. He was issued a prohibition.
- on Nov 4 around 9 AM someone smashed a window at Uni Construction on Old Lakelse Lake Rd with a rock
- motor vehicle accident on Hwy 16 near Chreech St at 10 PM on Nov 5. A maroon 1998 Ford
Taurus was struck from behind by a red 1991 Hyundai Scoupe. The Taurus had slowed down for road conditions. The Hyundai attempted to slow down, but the tires locked up and slid into the Taurus. The driver of the Taurus suffered minor neck injuries. Both vehicles were towed away.
- report of a man looking in trailers with a flashlight on Queensway Dr. Checks were done of area.
- On Nov 6 at about midnight a person on Paquette Ave noticed two people with flashlights looking into her shed. Police attended and found that the bolt to the shed had been cut and entry was gained. Nothing seemed to have been taken.
- complaint of Husky Oil selling bio diesel fuel, but that it is not really bio diesel fuel. Civil matter.
- lost wallet
- false alarm on Mcbride Ave
- police are investigating a sexual interference complaint
- a 15 yr old boy intoxicated boy reported missing
- large party and a fight on Ecstall Ave. Police attended.
- distraught intoxicated female left a residence on foot. Checks were done of area.
- uttering threats complaint. The matter was dealt with
- report of missing 13 yr old girl and 17 yr old boy. Police contacted both by phone and they were fine, at a family member’s.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.