Police probe Terrace break and enter
HERE are some of the incidents requiring Terrace RCMP officers over the past 24 hours.
- window broken at a business on Lakelse Ave
- hit and run in the east parking lot of the Best Western Inn. A 1999 blue Toyota Corolla was hit sometime between 12:15 PM and 2 PM suffering over $1000 in damage to the front driver’s side bumper. Suspect vehicle is white in color.
- male arrested for public intoxication on Greig Ave
- a 16 and a 17 yr old girl were arrested for public intoxication on separate incidents.
- break and enter to Gemma’s. A pair of distinctive reading glasses with native designs on them were stolen. Terrace Forensic Identification Unit is on scene this morning and assisting with investigation.
- attempt break and enter at the Telus compound on Keith Ave.
- police assisted Mills Memorial Hospital with a patient
- a female was arrested for panhandling
- complaint of fireworks and paint balls near Mcrae Cr
- unruly youth near Uplands School. The group were located near Gair Ave smashing pumpkins.
Most of the pumpkin was picked up and disposed of properly. The group was then dispersed.
- man was arrested for public intoxication near the Wholesale Club. He was involved in an earlier altercation with his sister.
- erratic driver on Hwy 16. The driver was located at her residence.
- a 15 yr old girl was reported missing. She was located by her father shortly after. She had neglected to call her parents to tell them she was going to another location after school.
- fireworks complaint near Davis Ave. Checks done of area.
- domestic dispute at the Rainbow Inn. A male was arrested for breaching his conditions of abstaining from the consumption of alcohol while in presence of a certain person. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- vehicle check on Hwy 16. The boat trailer had a stolen plate on it. A firearm was seized due to the fact that nobody had the necessary documents to legally possess it. Under investigation.
- a man and women were observed consuming alcohol at Emerson St / Park Ave. The man was arrested for public intoxication. The women was in breach of her probation and arrested for same. En route to jail, the women head butted the man and was subsequently further arrested for assault.
The man was searched and drugs were found on his person. Charges are being forwarded to crown counsel on both.
- a 16 yr old girl was reported missing.
- fight at a party on Scott Ave. A 17 yr old boy was observed running away without a shirt on. He was arrested for public intoxication.
- an intoxicated, suicidal 15 yr old girl was transported to Mills Memorial hospital
- unruly youth near Park Ave
- man was arrested for public intoxication on Park Ave
- suspicious person near Davis Ave and Sparks St. Checks done of area.
- a buzzer was rung at an apartment block on Kalum St. Checks done of area.
- abandoned vehicle on Parmenter St. Owner was contacted and vehicle is being taken care of.
- vehicle check on Hwy 16. Driver was issued a prohibition and the vehicle was impounded.
- unruly youth in the 3000 block of Hwy 16 E. Checks done of area.
- man was observed with open alcohol at Old Lakelse Lake Dr and Hemlock St. He was dealt with accordingly
- vandalism to a residence on Cypress St
- investigation of an alleged assault
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.