- BC Games
Two charged for break and enter
- Police dealt with four males and one female on four separate files who were located in the in the downtown core drinking in public. Violation tickets were issued for having open liquor in public and the liquor was seized.
- Three females entered the Terrace Inn Liquor Store. One of the girls stole a bottle of vodka. The three girls ran out of the store towards the railway tracks. Police were unable to locate them, however surveillance identified one young offender. Investigation continues.
- Police were called to attend a fight between hockey players at Denny’s Restaurant at approximately 3:00 a.m on October 23rd. Upon arrival the fight had broken up. No charges will be laid in this matter.
- A male under curfue conditions was located on the 4700 block of Lakelse Avenue. He was arrested and escorted to the detachment where he was later released on a Promise to Appear to face Breach charges.
- There was Motor Vehicle Incident at the corner of Kalum Street and Park Avenue. A vehicle towing a trailer full of firewood failed to stop for a red light was struck by a vehicle in the intersection. Nobody was injured in the incident.
- Police located a male who was intoxicated and passed out in the alley at the 4800 block of Davis Avenue the male was arrested for being drunk in public and housed in detachment cells until sober.
-A young female was located on Greig Avenue at approximately midnight breaching her probation conditions. She was arrested and transported to detachment cells where her guardian was advised. This female was brought before the courts on charges and has since been released on a judicial recognizance.
Elsewhere in Terrace:
- An impaired driver was apprehended near the intersection of Walsh Avenue and Kenny Street. He was issued a 3 day vehicle impoundment and driving prohibition;
- Officers attended a residence where a male and female were arguing to keep the peace, no assault had been committed;
- A residence was attended where a male and female were reported to be arguing. One male was arrested and housed in detachment cells to prevent a further breach of the peace;
- Two intoxicated males were caught in the process of trying to steal two bicycles from the porch of a residence. Both were arrested for being drunk in a public place and house in detachment cells overnight until sober;
- An intoxicated male was arrested at the corner of Highway 16 and Kenny Street. He was issued a violation ticket and housed in detachment cells until sober;
- A highly intoxicated male was trying to gain entry into a residence that was not his own. He was given a warning for his behavior, arrested and housed in detachment cells until sober.
- An elderly male wandered away from his care home, was located by officers and taken to hospital;
- A highly intoxicated young female was located near the 4500 block of Scott Avenue causing a disturbance. She was arrested to prevent further breach of the peace and subsequently turned over to her guardians.
- Several youths were caught smoking marihuana behind Skeena Junior Secondary. Approximately 8.5 grams of marihuana was seized from them. Warnings were given and one of the youths was transported to his residence.
- Police broke up a party taking place in the park near Cramer Street and Haugland Avenue.
- A suicidal male was located on Hall Street and taken to Mills Memorial hospital for psychiatric assessment by a physician.
- A vehicle was broken into overnight on October 23 on the 4600 block of Haugland Avenue, nothing was taken and no suspects have been identified.
- Police attended a residence and executed an arrest warrant on a male in assistance to Kitimat RCMP;
- A theft occurred at Bear Creek Contracting where the compound was unlawfully entered. A Herman Nelson heater and a long line for a helicopter were stolen. The estimated loss to the company was 23, 000 dollars;
- Two males and two females were apprehended by police in the process of breaking into Kitselas Community Hall. Charges of Break and Enter with intent have been laid in the matter against Terrace residents Frederick (Garett) Mason and Dustin Percy Vance. Both men were brought before a Judicial Justice and have subsequently been released on bail.
They have been compelled to attend court to face this charge at a later date. The two females arrested have also been released from custody on court documents, but cannot be identified as they are young offenders.
- During routine patrols, an officer did a vehicle check on Highway 16 near the Mac’s Convenience Store which showed the registered owner of the vehicle to be unlicenced.
The ensuing vehicle stop resulted in the discovery of a male in the car, found to be breaching conditions of his undertaking in connection with a Criminal Code investigation. This male was transported to detachment cells and later released on a Promise to Appear to face charges in court.
- A female was assaulted by another female at a house party in the Copper River Estates. An arrest was made and the accused was released on a Promise to Appear in court.
- Police responded to a prowler complaint on Matson Road, no suspects were located.
- An impaired driver was stopped along the Thornhill frontage road and issued a 90 day IRP and the vehicle was impounded.